OGDEN VALLEY MANUFACTURING ZONE MV-1
21B-1. Purpose and Intent
21B-2. Permitted Uses in an MV-1 Zone
21B-3. Conditional Uses in an MV-1 Zone
21B-4. Site Development Standards
21B-5. Sign Regulations
21B-1. Purpose and Intent.
The purpose of the MV-1, Ogden Valley light manufacturing zone is to provide suitable areas that will accommodate the need for light intensity type manufacturing and its associated accessory uses, some of which may have an environmental impact requiring public review and regulation.
21B-2. Permitted Uses.
1. Accessory uses and buildings customarily incidental to a permitted use.
Agricultural Implement repair
4. Carpenter shop, cabinet shop
Contractor’s Equipment storage yard, maintenance and repair
7. Printing, including engraving and photo engraving, blueprinting, photostating and duplication
Public and quasi-public uses
Warehouse, including storage units
21B-3. Conditional Uses.
The following uses shall be permitted only when authorized by a Conditional Use Permit as provided in Chapter 22C of this Zoning Ordinance.
Automobile repair, auto body and fender work, if conducted within an enclosed building
Cement batch plants with the following conditions:
The cement silo mixer shall not be larger than 200 barrel.
There shall be a 15 ft. landscape buffer with 6 ft. high earth berm planted with 6 ft. or larger evergreen trees. The trees shall be Canada Hemlock, Scotch Pines, Douglas Fir, or Blue Spruce. The trees shall be planted every 15 ft. on center. The evergreen shrubs shall be Junipers, Mugo Pines, or Spreading Yew. The shrubs shall be 36 inches high and there shall be 15 shrubs per 100 ft. There shall be 5 canopy trees per 100 ft. These trees shall be, Maples, Linden, Quaking Aspens, Cottonless Cottonwood, Honey Locust, or Birch trees. These trees shall be a minimum of 2 inch caliper. This landscaping shall be planted on the crest of the 6 ft. berm when the property abuts agricultural or residential zones.
There shall be no more than eight (8), trailers with up to 2 cubic yard capacity.
There shall be no more than forty (40) yards of sand and gravel mix stored on this site. The sand and gravel mix shall be stored in a three-wall bin and covered when not in use.
All cement product on site shall be stored within the silo.
At least 15,000 sq. ft. of the lot shall be dedicated for this use.
A detailed plan for the trailer washout area is required
3. Machine Shop
4. Public Utility Substations
5. Sign Painting Shop
6. Site leveling and preparation for future development.
7. Water storage reservoir developed by a public agency and meeting the requirements of Chapter 26 of this Zoning Ordinance
8. Wastewater treatment or disposal facilities meeting the requirements of the Utah State Division of Health, Code of Waste Disposal Regulations.
9. Welding Shop
10. Dwelling unit for proprietor or employee, who also serves as night watchman, and his/her immediate family, provided that an additional 3,000 square feet of landscaped area is provided for the residential use. As a Conditional Use, the Township Planning Commission, for the jurisdiction in which the application is made, shall have the discretion to approve either an attached or a detached dwelling, based upon the primary manufacturing use and architectural design to protect the noise levels and privacy of the residents. 2001-27
21B-4. Site Development Standards.
1. Minimum lot area None if connected to a public sewer, 20,000 sq. ft. otherwise.
2. Minimum lot width 100 feet of frontage on a dedicated road.
3. Minimum yard setbacks:
a. Front 30 ft. on streets of less than 80 ft. in width; 50 ft. on streets and highways of 80 ft. or more in width
b. Side none except 20 ft. where adjacent to a residential or agricultural zone boundary and a side yard facing a street on a corner lot.
c. Rear none except 30 ft. where building rears on a residential or agricultural use or zone .
4. Building Height
a. Minimum one story
b. Maximum 25 feet
Conditional Use Permit required if over 25 feet
5. Lot coverage 8,000 square feet or by Conditional Use Permit if proposal exceeds 8,000 square feet.
Landscaping Per Chapter 18C, Architectural, Landscaping and Screening and item specific
21B-5. Sign Regulations.
Per requirements of Chapter 32 B, Ogden Valley Signs.
Thursday, August 2, 2007
- ▼ August (8)